The surgeon’s office called today. They have everything that they need to submit to the insurance company. They think they will have the approval by August 24. We also set a tentative date for the surgery.
September 26, 2012.
The date is tentative based on when they receive the actual approval from the insurance company and when I finish some of the pre-op stuff that I need to do.
Once the approval is received, I have another appointment with the surgeon’s office. At that time, I need to bring them the paperwork for the FMLA/Short term leave of absence from work. And they will give me a list of other things I need to get done. Here are some of the things that I already know that I need to do.
- Pre-op appointment with nutritionist.
- Pre-op appointment with my doctor.
- All new labs, blood work and other tests.
- Some sort of support group or class about what eating will be like after surgery.
- Apply for FMLA/Leave of Absence and short term disability for work.
I am not sure what else I will need. I am certain I will find out at my next appointment with the surgeon.
The date may change, but it looks like it is definitely going to happen around the end of September. Woot!