For the past couple of days, I have been cat-sitting for a friend. My friend Andy went on vacation with a couple of friends and I have been in charge of taking care of his cat Grady. I stop by, check on the food, water, litter situation, give the cat a treat or two, spend some time petting Grady and listening to his complaints.
He does not seem like a complainer cat in general, but he is a rather particular cat. Please see his list of “concerns” below.
- What have you done with Andy?
- What? He’ll be gone for how long? That is unacceptable.
- You only gave me four treats. I need more.
- By the way, I knocked some of my cat food out of the bowl. Clean it up.
- I have used the litter box since you’ve been here. Scoop it again before you leave.
- You’re a good petter, but you’re not here nearly often enough nor long enough and Andy does it better.
- That’s enough petting for now. I’m done with you. Come back tomorrow.
- You have my permission to withdraw.
- Tell Andy I have a special surprise for him when he returns. hehe.