OMG I have been trying to post for days, but it seems life just happens sometimes!
Big news…I’m down to 190. As my baby sister tells me, I’m in One-derland! She put that on Facebook when I announced I was down to 199. She simply said Onederland! So, of course I called her and said, “What’s Oneederaland?” She cracked up. (If you didn’t get this, stop reading and go watch “That Thing You Do” right now. Seriously. Go! Now!)
And I’ve lost 108 pounds! Wow! I feel like a completely different person. I really do. I caught myself running across the street today to avoid being smooshed by oncoming traffic. Me. Running! I could barely walk before.
I have also been taking walks at night after work. On purpose!
Who is this person I have become? I feel like I do not even know myself anymore. More than that, I have found myself contemplating what I want to do with the rest of my life, now that I seem to almost have one again.
When I started my journey more than a year ago, my goals were simple.
- Lose Weight
- Be Healthier
- Not Die
Dressing better, having a more active life, etc. I pretty much viewed to be ancillary benefits, but not really the focus of why I was doing the surgery. I wanted these things, yes, but more than that, I wanted to be healthy and not die.
But now that I have lost 108 pounds and I am only 65 pounds away from my goal weight, I feel like I have kind of achieved those three simple goals I set for myself initially. I have lost a lot of weight. I am much healthier than I was. And I’m still alive! But I find I want more. A lot more.
So, I have spent my non-blogging time thinking of new things I’d like to do now that I am thinner and healthier. Kind of my own personal bucket list of sorts, I guess.
- Travel – While I have been to many states within this country, I have never really been anywhere outside of the US. I have been to Toronto and the Bahamas and they barely count as foreign countries even though they technically are. I’ve always wanted to go to Europe – London, Paris, Rome, Madrid, etc. But I also want to see places like Mumbai, Beijing, and Tokyo as well. I’m a travel agent for crying out loud. What the hell have I been doing all of these years?
- Write – Yes, I write now. I blog. I write short stories. I write essays. I have a couple of novels in various stages of incompleteness. But I mean, I really want to write. I want to finish something. Be successful. Sell some books. Make some money writing to finance the rest of my dreams. I’m tired of sitting behind a desk booking other people’s fun vacations.
- Spoil my niece – I kind of do this already, but it’s ridiculously easy to spoil a five-year-old. Her expectations are pretty low comparatively speaking. Stuffy (OK, Doc McStuffins has her own Wiki? WTF?) , a Llama Llama t-shirt, and a balloon for her birthday made her day. What happens when she becomes a teenager? Or graduates high school? She’ll need a car. Summer abroad. A trust fund. I don’t know how getting thinner and healthier helps me provide these for her, but there’s gotta be something I could do.
- Fall in love – Let’s face it, it’s been a long time since I’ve really fallen for someone or even really crushed on someone. Or better yet, had them crush on me. ❤ I think a good romance would do me some good and go a long way to boosting my too long neglected self-esteem. Failing that, however, I wouldn’t mind having one or two…
- Torrid affairs – I haven’t had nearly enough of these in my life, either. I think everyone needs a few under their belts, so to speak, to keep them sane. Now that’s a character building experience I wouldn’t mind having. 🙂
Seriously, though, what I really want more than anything is to live and really experience all that life has to offer. I’m just so happy that I now feel well enough to try to do it!