Who can believe it has been a year since my surgery? Not this girl!
One year ago today, I was under the knife! Actually, at this time (10am-ish) I was already in recovery. Wow!
This will have to be a short post, as work is already getting ahead of me, but I just had to write one today.
To date, I have lost 127 pounds. For me to get to my ultimate goal, I need to lose 46 more. I am very happy with where I am, and whether I reach my ultimate goal, or just get a lot closer does not really matter so much. The important things in my life have changed.
- My breathing has improved.
- Food allergies are nearly nonexistent.
- My blood pressure is normal without medication.
- I can walk.
- Back pain is nearly gone.
- My overall health is greatly improved.
- My outlook for my life as a whole is much more hopeful.
- I do not live in fear every day that this is the day I will have a stroke or heart attack.
- I feel like I am fully participating in my life and not just barely getting by day by day.
So, happy surgiversay to me!