No, I have not abandoned this blog, although it may seem that way. I have just been super busy. Some good things have happened recently, and I just wanted to take a moment to share.
1. Work has suddenly become much more manageable. I have been through an extremely busy period for the last few months, but with the holidays comes the traditional slow-down. I have also been permitted to actually hire someone, so when the busy season hits again in January, I won’t be so overwhelmed…hopefully!
2. I took vacation Thanksgiving week. I was also very busy that week. I had a friend visit me, and we spent that time running around visiting family and friends. I had a blast. We saw some friends that I haven’t seen since the surgery and a couple of friends who I have not seen since January.
As a funny aside, my friend Marianne’s son told me he did not recognize me with my glasses. Everyone thought that was funny. Not that he didn’t recognize me because the last time he saw me I weighed 298 pounds…it was the glasses that threw him off. I told him it’s because I’m secretly a super-hero and with glasses I’m like Clark Kent. Did I say he’s 10?
3. I finally dumped the tea party guy. Oh I know…I said I was dumping him a month ago. I tried to. But we still went out a couple more times. Then things just got weird. Not that him being a tea partier wasn’t weird enough.
He stopped calling and said work was crazy busy. I thought it was pretty much over. Then the texts and phone calls started again. “I miss you.” “I need to see you.” So, we planned a couple more dates, all of which he cancelled, promising to reschedule “soon.” Finally, I just sent him an email and ended it. I told him that I want someone who is excited to see me and makes me a priority in his life and I didn’t feel I was getting that from him.
A friend of mine told me that maybe I scared him off by telling him this. I thought that was a nutty response. Maybe I did scare him off by telling him that, but if being honest is enough to make him run, then it’s better that he goes. That’s not the kind of relationship I want. I want to be able to be honest with someone, and I want them to be honest with me. Tell me what you want. I’ll tell you what I want. We can build from there. Anything short of that is a lie and won’t work.
Here’s the thing. When I weighed 300 pounds I didn’t put up with that kind of crap. Granted, I had fewer options, but I still did not settle for less than what I wanted just to have a guy in my life. So, when I have more options why on earth would I start to settle for less?
I was disappointed to see it end. We actually did have a good time when we were together. We had a lot in common, apart from politics. He also had the gastric by-pass surgery and had lost a lot of weight. We had many great conversations. But, he was never going to be anyone I would be terribly serious about.
4. I also posted a new recipe. This is one that I created myself. I wanted a yummy pumpkin flavored dessert that was not too sugary. I think I came up with a pretty good option. Click on this picture to get to the recipe:
5. I also “finished” my children’s novel. I say “finished” because I did get all of the major plot points down on paper, and I have written about 55K words, but it is quite a mess. I still have a lot more writing ahead of me in the form of re-writes. I’m not going to look at it until January, however.
That is pretty much it. I have not lost any more weight. I have also not gained any weight. I am not going to weigh myself until after the holidays. I am watching what I eat, definitely. I still log my food on myfitnesspal.com. I have had a few bad days, but overall, I’m sticking to the plan. I want to get back to the gym now that things have kind of slowed down in my life. I’m hoping that will kickstart the weight loss again.
I promise to keep up on this blog more often. I have a lot planned for the holidays, but I will have time to get a few more posts in. And in January, I will post my weight to let you know how I fared through the crazy holiday feasting season!